WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
You will 3d model, analyses using FEM and report lifting structures and solutions. You are the technical heart and brain of the project team. You work closely together with the Project engineer and the CAD-Engineer to find the best solution on challenging projects.
A mechanical engineer is responsible for the technical feasibility of a design, for performing analyses and creating engineering reports. Dedication to find the best possible solution, attention to detail, problem solving attitude and eagerness to learn from experienced colleagues are daily routine for the Mechanical engineer.
Your future could follow several paths – you could be a lead Engineer or move over to other areas within our business, including R&D Engineer, Project engineer, Project Management or Sales.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- HBO (Bachelor’s degree) in either structural, mechanical engineering;
- Excellent oral and written English skills;
- Preferably 3D modelling skills and 2D layout skills;
- Knowledge of tolerances, fabrication and constructability;
- Calculation and FEM- Analysis (Scia engineer).
TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design solutions for challenging (Lifting) jobs all over the world;
- Design 3D models of lifting solutions and structures;
- Create 2D layouts from the 3D models;
- Collect all information required for a design or analysis;
- Create, evaluate and adjust a design;
- Create design and analysis reports;
- Create calculation and FEM models;
- Create standard calculation sheets;
- Prepare input for drafting;
- Performing site visits;
- Ensure that the design or operation is safe, feasible and economic.
- Analytical ability;
- Solution oriented;
- Eager to learn;
- Open to feedback;
- Team player;
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- A dynamic working environment;
- Challenging your analytical skills and providing freedom to develop out-of-the-box engineering solutions;
- An informal and supportive working environment;
- Being in control of your career, in but also outside the engineering department.
For more than 25 years, Conbit has specialized in specialist solutions for handling heavy objects, often in hard-to-reach locations. Technical experts use their creativity to come up with solutions according to the latest quality and safety standards to exceed customer expectations. We work closely with customers and focus on a long-term relationship. The projects are located both onshore and offshore and especially in challenging locations: at high altitudes or in small spaces, in the middle of the sea to the desert. With its head office in Eindhoven, the center of the Dutch high-tech industry, Conbit is diversifying into the semiconductor industry. We have a relatively small team of ~50-60 employees.
Are you interested in this position?
Are you interested in this position or do you want more information, please send an email with your CV to Aad Sonneveld firstname.lastname@example.org