A helideck replacement in an offshore environment is always challenging. External conditions such as wind and sea need to be taken into account.
Conbit was involved in every step of the project. During the preparation phase, the engineers prepared all the lifting plans, detailed drawings, and calculations of the lifting frames. They also assisted load-out at the manufacturer and coordination onboard the platform and supply vessel.
Conbit team used the following equipment to execute the project:
- Lift frames: Designed for each part of the lifting operation
- Lift configuration: For each part, a dedicated lift configuration with slings and shackles were connected to the lift frames
- Rigging equipment: Several different rigging items were used for handling the helideck during the preparation and lifting, like rope shackles and jacks.
- Seafox 2: It was positioned close to the F15-A platform during lifting.
- Supply vessel: To deliver the helideck parts, a supply vessel was necessary and was positioned within reach of the Seafox 2 crane.
The lifting activities at the F15-A platform have been carried out with the Seafox 2 main crane. But because it was unable to reach every location, they used the F15-A platform crane to perform a dual lift.
The Conbit team was present to prepare the units for lifting and coordinate the actual lift. Such a dual lift operation requires good preparation, solid engineering, and a competent crew to carry out the job on-site safely and efficiently.
Combining profound engineering (structural and mechanical) and practical lifting expertise is the main benefit of having Conbit as a turnkey lifting service provider.